Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
Woodward Group have a specialised division that covers the testing of all portable appliances, delivering you a fast, reliable and professional service.
Our team of PAT engineers are fully qualified to City and Guilds, insured, CRB checked and NICEIC approved.
Why Choose us ?
- Fully qualified to City and Guilds
- Fully insured
- CRB checked
- NICEIC approved
- Fast and reliable
- Glowing references
- Professional testers
- Competitive prices
We pride ourselves on a reliable and friendly service giving you added value for money. We have received glowing references from clients and our punctual and professional testers are the main reason we have grown so fast over the past few years.
Our simple PAT pricing structure is the most competitive in the market. We achieve this by keeping costs down where it matters and passing these savings on to you our customer, ensuring your business comes first.
What is PAT?
Portable appliance testing (PAT) is the procedure for testing your electrical appliances. Health and Safety regulations require that electrical appliances are safe and maintained to prevent any harm to people. Equipment manufactures recommend testing at regular intervals to ensure continual safety.
What tests are carried out?
- Visual inspection – Inspecting the appliance for signs of damage
- Combined Inspections and PAT – Testing of appliance to measure the degree of protection
- Earth Resistance Test – Tests the resistance offered by the earthing rods with the connection leads
- Earth Continuity Test – Measure the resistance of the protective earth circuit
- Insulation Resistance Test – Leakage current test performed at rated voltage
- Polarity Test – Test to identify whether the active and neutral of the plug end are correctly connected