Local exhaust ventilation, (LEV) often called dust or fume extraction, helps clean the air before people breathe in any possible harmful substances.
Woodward Group install LEV machinery that extracts air from a process as a way of controlling and reducing the dust, fumes and vapour exposure to workers which could be hazardous to their health.
The advice we give to all our clients who have LEV systems installed, is that it is a legal requirement of every employer using LEV techniques in the workplace, that they must have the LEV equipment inspected and tested every 14 months or sooner.
We provide LEV inspections on the following systems:
- Fume cupboard testing
- Fume hood testing
- Spray booth testing
- Ventilated workstations
- Exhaust Systems
When carrying out LEV maintenance servicing we also perform thorough checks on the following:
- Filters and ducts
- Measurement of technical performance
Upon completion of the LEV installation and inspection, we provide a report detailing the following aspects:
- Executive summary including system design, performance, conclusions and recommendations
- Introduction and summary of works
- Strategy of testing
- Full breakdown of testing results
- Detailed conclusion on system performance
- Diagrams of layout and operation